Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Check, please!

One of my favorite thought provoking questions to be asked is "Who would you invite to dinner?"  The guidelines are they can be dead or alive, famous or not, and can be fictional or real.  In other words, there basically are no guidelines.  There are quite a few people on my list to invite, so here are just a few.



At the top of my list, I would want to invite Tyler Durden, from Fight Club.  A oddball to say the least, Tyler would definitely have plenty of fascinating conversation topics, perhaps about making soap, napalm, etc.  Before I would order my food, I would definitely have to get his word that he didn't tamper with any of the food in the kitchen, as he has a tendency to do.  Finally, after getting a head full of preaching against consumerism and material needs, I'm pretty sure he'd insist on bolting before the check comes.  A meal I would never forget, and a restaurant I could never return to.



My other dinner guest would never yield to boring conversation.  Educating the masses with facts about bears and beet farms, Dwight Shrute from The Office would be my second choice.  He would probably be little rude and off putting, but the random useless facts would definitely come in handy at Trivia Night at the bar.  After using the gift certificate we won from Trivia to pay our bar tab, he would probably have to call it a night.  After all, he can't talk about science fiction all night.  Assistant to the Regional Manager has a lot of responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment